Tuesday, January 13, 2015

We've Been to Pemberley: A Post in Bullet Points

  • Yesterday: finished up watching the 1995 Pride and Prejudice with Ramona, Betsy and Anne-with-an-e. (Betsy, of course, has already seen it approximately 97 times, but we had all promised ourselves that we would watch the whole thing together over Christmas break. We were a little late, but we did it.) 
  • This morning: Ramona suggested that I "take a turn about the room." (We are all amused to no end by this and we will not stop saying it.) 
  • Today: Ramona made a new Minecraft world: "Pemberley," she said, "complete with fainting couch." 
  • Tonight: showed Austenbook to Ramona. We giggled in a most ladylike fashion. 
  • Also tonight: Betsy may read a bit more of Emma aloud to Ramona. 
  • Next up for girls' movie night: Pride and Prejudice (2005), Pride and Prejudice (1940), perhaps Pride and Prejudice (1980)....

4 comments:

Faith said...

"Other way Mr. Collins!' This is said in traffic when another driver does something stupid. "You may cough as much as choose." When things have suddenly resolved themselves favorably. I forgot the exact working now but my dh used to quote the line about "I should be truly proficient, if I had ever learned." When Lady Catherine talks about how great she'd be at the piano if she had ever learned. This is for people who think they know everything when they don't. My dh actually did the most quoting. It has kind faded now. . .

Faith said...

wording, not working! and It has kind OF faded now.

Typing before coffee!

jama said...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that I love this post! I shall be taking many turns around the room today because of it. :)

SideNote: Have you read Longbourn? Just started it and it's wonderful!

Karen Edmisten said...

Faith, I love your chosen, frequently-employed quotes!

Jama, so happy to encourage a turn or two about the room. :) I haven't read Longbourn yet, but it's on my wish list. Perhaps I should move it up!