... even though I really don't want to leave. There's just so
much great, fun stuff for this time period.
Our last few books:

Anne-with-an-e is reading
Joan of Arc 
by Mark Twain. I haven't read this one myself, but have heard that it's excellent. It'll be in my summer reading pile.

Betsy is reading a biography of St. Elizabeth of Hungary,
St. Elizabeth's Three Crowns.
This is one of the
Vision series. We have several of these and have enjoyed them all.

On a different note,
Ms. Frizzle's Adventures: Medieval Castle 
is typical Frizzle fun. The girls and I have always loved all things Magic School Bus, and this book is no exception.
Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village 
by Laura Amy Schlitz was a delightful find. I plucked it from the library shelf and immediately had that feeling that I'd found a treasure. Original poetry and prose are used to tell the stories of all kinds of folk, from "simpletons to saints." (Note: some imagery is too violent for younger or very sensitive children, and be prepared to explain several historical events related to faith.)
There are a few more, but I'm out of time for this morning!
Oh, I loved Mark Twain's Joan of Arc. And my daughter got Good Masters, Sweet Ladies for Christmas. What a treasure of a book that is! Enjoy the end of the Middle Ages!
ReplyDeleteooh! I just got Good Masters, Sweet Ladies for my DD's 9th birthday (tomorrow!) I was so excited to find it.
ReplyDeleteI just saw Good Masters, Sweet Ladies in the bookstore yesterday and wondered about it!
ReplyDeleteI've read the Mark Twain, wonderful, wonderful stuff! And St. Elizabeth of Hungary too.
What a nice book list! No wonder you don't want to leave!