Friday, August 05, 2016

Poetry Friday: Genius, by George Bilgere

George Bilgere today, just because he's so much fun. 

by George Bilgere

It was nice being a genius
worth nearly half-a-million dollars
for the two or three minutes it took me
to walk back to my house from the mailbox
(Read the whole thing here, at The Writer's Almanac.) 


The round up is at A Teaching Life.


Linda B said...

Ah, the perils of expectations, Karen. Love this, and the true tale of how we think sometimes when looking at the mail. I hope the ham sandwich assuages the disappointment! FYI-it was easy to find, but you didn't put the link in that one line. Thanks for the poem.

Karen Edmisten said...

Linda, thanks so much for mentioning that I forgot to finish the link! Just got that corrected. Thank you!
And yes, the perils of expectations -- we can all relate to that. :)

Mary Lee said...

George Bilgere runs a close second to Billy Collins for me. Makes me laugh. I got to hear him speak/read his poems, and this was one he did. So fun. I love those plans for the modest tone of voice! :-)

Ruth said...

Haha! Yes, he is fun!

Karen Edmisten said...

Mary Lee, how fun to have had the chance to hear him! Yes, I love his sly humor.
Ruth, thanks for stopping by and sharing the fun.