Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day with Atticus

Mass, of course.

Indecision about dinner. Does he feel like cooking? (He insists cooking is consistent with relaxing.) Want pizza delivered? Feel like going out? Some waffling.

Open presents. Ramona's homemade card: a picture of Darth Vader with the caption, "Atticus, You Are My Father." Other, equally funny and creative cards from Anne and Betsy.

A nine-and-a-half mile run. (Him, not me.)

Falling asleep on the couch while Anne and Betsy watch an episode of Lost. (Me, not him.)

Read some Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Ramona, with older girls warning me she might not want to hear all the details of the giant rumble. (Me, not him.)

Read some Retribution, by Max Hastings. (Him, not me.)

Go out for Mexican food. Eat too much. Come home. (All of us.)

Call my dad. (Happy Father's Day, Dad!)

Kiss husband. Thank God for him. Feel amazement and happiness at the privilege of having had a family with this man.

Happy Father's Day, Atticus.


4 comments:

Emily said...

We went out for Mexican food, too! :)
Cooking is relaxing....sometimes. I don't find cooking every meal to be relaxing. :-P

tanita✿davis said...

Hahahah, yes, what IS IT with these men? My father wanted his ten mile hike and to make his own breakfast... which he pretty much does every day. ?! Well, doing what you want is your privilege on your day, I guess. ☺

Laurie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoyed your post.
~Laurie

Karen Edmisten said...

Emily, I agree cooking is relaxing sometimes, just not every meal, as you said!

Tanita, yes -- doing whatever he wants is what I want for Atticus on Father's Day, too, even if it involves all that running.

Thanks, Laurie!