Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Work Here is Done

Tonight, while the girls and I were walking the dog, I realized that I can throw out any quote from The Office* and Anne and Betsy can finish it.

"Cool beans, man, I live by the quarry," I said.

"Hey, we should hang out by the quarry and throw things down there," Betsy said.

(She even got the emphasis on the right word.)

"Identity theft is not a joke, Jim!" I said earlier today.

"Millions of families suffer every year!" Anne dutifully replied.

Sigh.

I'm so proud.

~~~~~

*Or You've Got Mail or Ghostbusters or Parks and Recreation, or Doctor Who, or Lost, or Tootsie, or ....

11 comments:

Himself said...

Serenity Now!

Karen Edmisten said...

Doh! How could I leave out Seinfeld?!

No soup for me!

Karen Edmisten said...

And by the way, Anne has some grievances to air come Festivus....

Teresa said...

Love those insider jokes! I'm watching Lost for the second go 'round - this time with my fifteen year old. We lived in Hawaii for three years between Lost's original airing and now, so we've got lots of extra references:-)

tanita✿davis said...

I think "insider jokes" is the best way to put it. It's so lovely when your family is Your Tribe. You've always already found it.

Schmoopie said...

Oh no, I'm sorry, it's "moops"

Karen Edmisten said...

Schmoopie? No, *you're* Schmoopie!

Karen Edmisten said...

Teresa, that sounds like so much fun! We weren't watching Lost when it first aired, and then later my girls and I watched it together. Such fun times!

Tanita, I agree! So lovely to have a built in Tribe. :)

Danae said...

Wow, I don't think I could even quote that well. I am ashamed and I will now hang my head. :(

Karen Edmisten said...

Danae, though it makes for a funny blog post, I'm not sure we should be bragging about this. :)

Danae said...

No, your memories are insanely amazing. That is what shames me. :) You guys also have the gift of being able to quote from almost any book you've read. Own it! :)