Friday, February 14, 2014

Poetry Friday: Happy Valentine's Day with Ray Bradbury

For some reason, I just felt like a Ray Bradbury quote for Valentine's Day.

This isn't really a poem, just a quote. But it's true, and it's right, and that's poetry.

Ray Bradbury:

In that film Love Story, there’s a line,
“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”
That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.
Love means saying you’re sorry every day
for some little thing or other.

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Poetry Friday round up is at Teacher Dance.


Sherry said...

Ain't that the truth!

LInda Baie said...

So funny. That movie was such a popular one long ago-tears! Love that you made a little poem from Bradbury! Happy Valentine's Day!

Myra Garces Bacsal said...

Bradbury. Love the man. :)

Mary Lee said...

So true.

(Love your new blog look!)

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks for sharing the Bradbury love, ladies. :)
And thanks, Mary Lee! I had fun playing around with the new banner.

Karyn said...

I love Bradbury, and I highly agree. I always thought that that line from Love Story was so what's wrong with you that you don't want to apologize. Otherwise it was a wonderful albeit very sad movie. Thanks for sharing this. :)
- Karyn @
Mother Streusel's Useless Rhymes

Donna Smith said...

Bradbury's quote was so great to read. That was my take on it when I saw the movie. Never have to say you're sorry? Yeah, right!