(Photo courtesy of Stock.xchng.)
- Walking the dog on a half-thawed wetlands spillway -- Ramona delighting in feathery, frosty patterns, in kicking up crunched, jeweled bits of crystal with every sloshy step, in seeing bubbles under the surface.
- Temperatures in the 50s. Climbing into our van, on a bright February Sunday and actually feeling interior heat from the sun.
- Watching Downton Abbey (which we recorded) in two sittings with Atticus.
- Reading The Winged Watchman to Ramona, with my older girls happy to listen in on an old favorite. All of us laughing over our reminiscence of "Bum-poofle-dee-dee."
- The works of Brian Jacques -- may he rest in peace.
- Feeling so grateful for our pastor -- for the depth of his spirituality and faith, for his kind, loving leadership. And, yesterday -- for the smile at hearing him talk about our imaginings of heaven, of the ways in which we transfer what we know -- earthly pleasures -- to what we cannot yet know, and hearing him describe the embodiment of God's goodness as a cup of freshly brewed coffee, eternally hot, eternally ready for that next splendid sip.
- Watching Inception with Anne and Betsy. Having dreams within dreams and then trying to explain them to each other the next day.
- An afternoon of lunch, laughter and no interruptions (from the total of our fourteen children) with two other homeschooling moms. The fact that two of the three of us have children old enough to babysit all the others.
- Our extremely sweet:
- Twenty-seven years of marriage to my best friend. I'm not sure I can top last year's tribute to Atticus, so you can find it here.