Monday, October 04, 2010

Question of the Day

A non-Catholic friend and I have begun an email discussion about my Rosary book and all things Mary. On the subject of prayer in general, he recently asked me, "What does 'pray without ceasing' mean to you?"

My answer was:

"To me it's a command to have Christ always in my heart, mind and soul. To talk to Him at every moment, about everything.  He's the voice in my head, my advice columnist, my confidante, my fact-checker, my friend, my beloved, my teacher, my brother, my observer, my judge, my amnesty-granter, my lens through which I see the world."

How does "pray without ceasing" play out in your life?

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

My unceasing praying is music. I am a part of our city chorus here, and each Tuesday night, I am in my place with my score open, as we sing. Cherubini's Requiem in C Minor. Fauré's Requiem. Vivaldi's Gloria. I may not be able to take in the words all the time, but as I power through the notes and let the music surge through, I am buoyed and brought inward and breathed on by the breath of God, I think.

Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, yes, music!

In my case, though, I don't let anyone hear me sing. :)