Thursday, September 16, 2010

What's Been Working Around Here, Re: Food


Hmmm. I see -- from this post, at this time last year -- that I often get a handle on meal plans and cooking this time of year. It's all the planning that goes into kicking off another school year, I guess. My organizational skills spill over into the kitchen, at least for awhile. I'm sure I'll fall off the food wagon again, as I always do, but in the meantime, I'm happy in my autumn kitchen. Isn't this one of the loveliest times of the year to cook and bake?

Stuff we're enjoying:

Oven Candied Summer Tomatoes -- Atticus found this recipe.  If you've been overrun with tomatoes and are tired of them, this recipe will revive your love. Delicious. I roasted some yesterday and will be roasting more, and more, and more ....

No Bake Oat Peanutty Oat Treats -- Who doesn't love a no-bake cookie?

Shrimp Pasta  -- I use about half the olive oil and twice the shrimp. Everyone but Ramona (who is a vocal non-fan of shellfish) loves this dish.

Southwestern White Chili -- I leave out the green chiles and throw in a (drained) can of red kidney beans in addition to the white. Atticus and I have loved this for years and now the girls love it, too. (Except Ramona ... are you sensing a pattern?)

Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles -- Thanks to Rachael Ray and my friend Bridget, who gave me the recipe. (Ramona doesn't like this, either. Did I say this is the list of stuff that's working? Well, for four out of five of us.)

And, one more Rachael Ray recipe I love: That's Shallotta Flavor Spaghetti.

No comments: