Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Bits and Pieces of Our Days

* Whenever I sit down to write a blog post lately, I get sidetracked by reading other people's blogs. It's always "Just for a second ... before I actually start typing ...."  Then I read something fascinating on someone else's blog and think, "Why didn't I find that sooner -- like, before everyone else on the Information Superhighway found it? Then I could have blogged about it and sounded informed and enlightened instead of out of the loop."  Then I get discouraged and just go to bed.

[ETA: That sounds as if I actually get discouraged and that I'm spending my days in bed. I was kidding, for those of you who worry about me. It really just means I'm staying up too late and getting sidetracked .... ]

* Anne-with-an-e has insisted that I blog about The Next Food Network Star.  We always watch this show together and it really is a lot of fun. A rundown on our picks and thumbs-down moments coming soon.  (And by the way, my culinary point of view hasn't changed.)

* My friend from Chicago has headed back home so it promises to be a quieter week and possibly a week of more blogging. Unless I start to read other people's blogs ....

*Reading: Anne-with-an-e is reading Catching Fire, Betsy is revisiting Brian Jacques' Mossflower and Ramona is tackling The Phantom Tollbooth. I am nearly finished with Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food and Atticus is reading more Stephen Sears.

* Now that the 4th of July is over, I am in a very good mood. I have nothing against life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness -- I think all of that is pretty great stuff.  Mostly I'm just glad that our sweet mutt will once again claim the world as her toilet.

No comments: