Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Year and the Decade


Anne-with-an-e asked me to name the biggest things -- for me -- of the past year and the past decade. The wow-factor highlights are pretty easy to recall:

The Decade:

In 2000, Atticus was received into the Catholic Church. Five years earlier, I had predicted (o, me of little faith) that that'd never happen.

In 2002, Ramona was born. After so many miscarriages, none of us saw that coming either.



The Past Year:

My first book was published.

Anne suggested I mention that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came out in theaters. I said that I thought I would, instead, mention my book.

"Oh," she said. "Well. I guess that was a highlight, too."


Photo courtesy of Stock.xchng

9 comments:

Just Mom said...

LOL.

I haven't seen "Half-Blood Prince" yet, but I have read your book. It has been an invaluable resource for me as a fairly new Catholic (I'll be celebrating my fifth anniversary as a Catholic this Easter).

I'm looking forward to reading more from you -- and yes, I'm looking forward to being able to sit down and watch that Harry Potter movie.

Liz said...

My goodness have we really "known" each other for more than a decade now! I remember the pre-Catholic days for Atticus and the pre-Ramona pregnancies as well. Glad that the last decade has been a happier one.

Karen E. said...

Thanks, Just Mom! Enjoy that movie. :)

And, yes, Liz, I think it was 1997? Yikes. :)

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

haha! I love it! And congrats on the book :-)

Jo Shabo said...

I have an award for you on my blog! :)

Warren said...

Congrats on both wonderful things that happened in the '00s. I came-home-to-Rome, in 2002.

I can't wait to read your Rosary book.

W

Gardenia said...

three very big things to happen in a decade's time. wow! and you should be proud, becuase you had a lot of do with all three of them!

Karen E. said...

Thanks, everyone!

Convenor said...

Would you mind letting your readers know about the most recent issue of our Catholic Heritage Journal from Ireland:

http://catholicheritage.blogspot.com/2009/12/christvs-regnat-december-2009.html

It would also be very kind if you would link/blogroll/follow our blog:

www.catholicheritage.blogspot.com

Please pray for me!

God bless you!