Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A Meaningful Lent, Part 12 1/2: Holy Week for me

I haven't talked a lot in this series about what I've been doing personally for this holy season, and I won't change that today, except to say that it's been a strange, unexpected Lent in several ways. I've found God handing me things for my consideration that I didn't expect to consider.

But, such surprises usually make for a better, stronger Lent than one of my own construction. And, as is always the case with unexpected, if difficult, gifts from the hand of God, I have a renewed and deepened sense of His control over my life, of His permissive will, and of His steadfast love.

Holy Week for me, on top of Mom-Duties, and the busy-ness, will include a final dive into spiritual reading, and a focus on the Triduum. Could I ask for more?

*****

Remember that you have only one soul; that you have only one death to die; that you have only one life ... If you do this, there will be many things about which you care nothing.

~~ St. Teresa of Avila

*****

Do not dismayed daughters, at the number of things which you have to consider before setting out on this divine journey, which is the royal road to heaven. By taking this road we gain such precious treasures that it is no wonder if the cost seems to us a high one.

The time will come when we shall realize that all we have paid has been nothing at all by comparison with the greatness of our prizes.

~~ St. Teresa of Avila

No comments: