Tuesday, September 30, 2008

She gets that "blessing" concept

Recently, just before bedtime prayers, we had the following conversation.

Anne-with-an-e talked about staying home from trick-or-treating this year, so she could help me pass out candy to all the cute visitors. "Besides," she said, "with these braces, I can't eat half the candy that people pass out."

"Okay," I said. "But, every couple of minutes, I'll toss a piece of candy into a bag for you anyway. That way, you can stay home, but you'll still get a haul. But," I added, "I'll expect a 'God bless you' every time I toss." (In keeping with our family's tradition of thanking each benefactor with a "Thank you! God bless you!")

"You'll get a lot of blessings!" Betsy told me.

"You might get a kid!" added Ramona.

She's got that blessing definition down pat.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I love it!

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks, Colleen. We got a pretty big kick out of it, too. :-)

Karen said...

That is so beautiful and sweet! I'm veklempt (but uncertain how to spell veklempt...).

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE what children say.