Monday, July 14, 2008

So can I. Pass the wine.

We watched The Next Food Network Star again tonight.

Aaron talked about how hard it can be to talk and cook at the same time (though, I have to say, I do this all the time when we have people over to dinner. I'm always still cooking when people arrive, so I chat and chop or talk and tear lettuce ... I am totally in the running for the next FN star. Except for the actual cooking part.)

As Aaron explained why he stopped cooking in order to talk, Ramona piped up.

"I can listen and drink at the same time."

Like mother, like daughter.

I'm listening.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I used to pride myself on being able to take a La Leche League call, cook, and occasionally nurse the baby all at the same time. I used to prefer to time long chatty calls with friends to the point in the day when I was loading the dishwasher. My mother-in-law, my sister in-law, and my sister all had a hard time multi-tasking like that(although my sister may have improved once she became a mom). My own mother was a champion worker, but I don't recall her doing a lot of multi-tasking (unless you count reading stories while watching for customers at the gas station). I'm not sure where I learned it exactly, but it has come in handy.

Beck said...

My dad laughed at me one day - I was nursing a baby in teh sling, talking on the phone AND making dinner. Just talking and cooking? Easy peasy.