Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Topping Ramona

It started way back here, with this.

Ramona was one-upping me in the "I love you" department, and I said I couldn't top her after her cute, "I love you loadser."

Then, the always-lovable Amy at Between Daydreams said, "You could love her loadser with a cherry on top." And, since that night, the pile of things on top of the I love yous has grown exponentially. Ramona and I have a grand time, as I'm tucking her in, thinking of new ways to one-up the "I love yous". Ramona is a master.

Last night, it was this:

"I love you a whole, whole lot, all the way to heaven and back five times, and to infinity and beyond, with ice cream on top, and whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and all the chocolate sauce in the world, and nine million, billion, eighty, ten, ninety cherries on top. And the cherries are very red and polished and really, really shiny."

Whew. How to top that?

(Confession: sometimes I cheat and respond, "I love you that much, too, with 97 more red and polished cherries on top." I'm simply not as wide-awake at bedtime as she is.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo, sooooooooo precious!!!

Amy said...

LOL, I love it!! My 4 year old beats me at this too. :)

Suzanne Temple said...

"I'm simply not as wide awake at bedtime as she is" ha ha ha1 And I know just what you mean.

Kristen Laurence said...

Parents never win this one! Ramona is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

My Becky says "I love just one dot below how much God loves you cuz nobody can love more than God."

I have never been able to top that linguistically or theologically!