Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Advent reminders, twists, and reflections

Genevieve, at The Good Within, mentioned in the comments of my Advent post that she's turning her Thanksgiving Tree into an Advent tree, with the thanks going up in the form of wrapped gifts for Jesus.

You can see her idea here. Be sure to click on the picture of the tree to see the wrapped presents.

Thanks, Genevieve, for an easy, very do-able, and wonderful idea!

Alice mentions another timesaving, but meaningful idea here -- the Thanksgiving Tree can be turned into a Jesse Tree.

Jennifer discusses going back to basics, in "A is for Advent," and focusing on her personal spirituality in this beautiful season of renewal. Jennifer also points to the following women for similar reflections.

Elizabeth reminds us that the Advent season is about the most vital preparation, one that goes beyond cookies and decorations.

Willa, as always, goes right to my heart. She knows what it means to have a "less than perfect Advent" and yet she also knows that what makes it perfect has nothing to do with the trappings.

And Leonie is thinking about the same things. We may be busy, yes, but we can still strive for interior peace.

If "Advent" means "arrival", we do well to keep in mind Who it is that's on the way.

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Karen, thank you for the comment on arrival and who it is thats arriving. Very thoughtful and very helpful for me. Blessed Advent!

Jill said...

Sorry if this is a random place to post this, but I wanted to tell you that I loved reading through all of your articles that you've written. I am also a convert to the Faith, so I especially loved reading through your conversion story. Very inspiring. Before my conversion I read, "Surprised by Truth" and found that conversion stories were very helpful in leading me to the Catholic Church. I saw them struggling with the same questions and then got to see how they resolved those issues and found the truth.
I also loved your article, "A Good Catholic Family." I really liked your closing paragraph. So true. I enjoyed reading through all of the articles. Thanks!

Genevieve said...

Thank you so much for mentioning to my post and for your inspiration behind it. *smilez*

Karen Edmisten said...

Leonie, and Genevieve, thank YOU.

Jill, Thank you so much for your very kind comments! I'm very touched. Thanks!