1. A car with 222,000 miles on it.
2. A visit today from my friend Linda.
3. The lake yesterday with friends, J. and M. -- watching our children climbing slides, building sandcastles, and riding the merry-go-round as we talk and encourage one another.
4. My children. All of them. The three here on earth, the many in heaven. The experience of carrying each and every one of them, whatever the result. Though it is hard to thank God for a loss when one is in the midst of the unbearable pain, I know that He has led and taught me through all of my children ... through their lives, their deaths, and the resurrections He granted me after each miscarriage.
5. Fr. Anthony in the confessional on Saturday. What a wonderful priest.
6. A note from Fr. Joe.
7. For blogs.
8. Thinking, "I could really stand to lose a few pounds." It means I have more than enough to eat, that I never go to bed hungry and that I have the means to share with others.
9. Ramona in the morning, Betsy's enormous heart, Anne's compassion.
10. For St. Atticus.
11. [Yes, I know this is cheating] I'm thankful to Lisa for doing a thankfulness carnival.