Wednesday, November 29, 2006

St. Nicholas day is fast approaching.

We love to celebrate this feast day. On St. Nicholas Eve, the children leave their shoes outside their bedroom door. In the morning they find chocolate coins, and small gifts (usually some fun socks, a craft, and a book or game.) On St. Nicholas day, we read books and do activities centered on the saint and on his connection to Christ and Christmas.

Mary Ellen and Katherine have written so much recently on St. Nicholas that you may as well just go visit them right now. They've saved me lots of linking today. And, they both make use of my favorite Nicholas resource, the St. Nicholas Center.

(Free clip art courtesy of Two Hearts Design.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo! I was searching everywhere for a photo I could iron on transfer onto the little bags I made. This is perfect.

Karen Edmisten said...

I'm so glad!