Monday, June 05, 2006

It's so much faster than typing

If you've never visited Project Gutenberg, you're in for a treat. There are over 18,000 books online there, and when I need to grab a quote from Little Women or The Secret Garden, Project Gutenberg is my secret weapon.

These e-books are free and the contents may be used freely (with exceptions -- see the website) as the U.S. copyrights have expired (but check further if you're not in the U.S.) Of course, they can always use help in the form of donations, proofreaders and spreading the word.

I used to have a similar (though much, much smaller) site bookmarked, but stopped using it when I noticed that they ran ads for term paper mills. Grrrr ....

Project Gutenberg is the original. I'm grateful for it. And it's so much faster than typing.

Tag:

No comments: