Saturday, February 25, 2006

Breakfast with Ramona

Over cereal this morning, Ramona started talking to her bowl.

"Why do I keep calling you Rice Krispies?" she asked the cereal. "You're not Rice Krispies!"

I smiled and said, "Well, it doesn't really matter, Sweetie. You can call them whatever you like."

And Atticus reached over and tickled her and said some sort of cute Daddy-thing, at which point Ramona (eyes widening, hands gesturing with exasperation at our complete misunderstanding of the moment) said, "Guys, guys! I was talking to myself!"

At which point I decided to leave Ramona and herself alone to work out the dilemma. Atticus chose to introduce the term "rhetorical question" which I'm quite certain I'll be hearing again.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I so sympathize with Ramona. I hate it when someone says "what did you say?" when I was only thinking out loud.

Alice Gunther said...

LOL! She is too funny!