Monday, January 09, 2006

Another reason I married him

Because fun sisters-in-law came with the deal. This just in from A., the youngest sister in Atticus's family of 12 kids (and, no, he didn't grow up Catholic):

"I spent a good portion of my day completely decluttering and wiping down my kitchen--old shortening, molasses, 44 grains of red sugar, innumerable Rubbermaid items without lids--all gone! I also told the kids to put 5 items from their rooms into the garage sale pile. B. brought down two lunchsack puppets he made in school. When I asked him if he thought people would want to buy them he looked at me as if I were crazy. Who wouldn't want two beautiful, hand colored, brown paper sack puppets? It's all relative, apparently."

I laughed out loud. This is exactly something that B.'s cousins would do here at our house. Yes, the artwork is worthy of purchase, and no, Mom, please don't make me give away any real toys ....

No comments: