Sunday, December 11, 2005

My kids aren't totally gross

We visited our local Children's Museum this weekend, and I'm happy to say that my children, while they enjoyed the "Grossology" exhibit, are still sensitive enough to have said, after a sufficient amount of gross-out time, "Can we go play in the farm area again? We're starting to get stomachaches."

Anne and Betsy enjoyed making the giant nose sneeze, and Ramona loved crawling through the digestive system. An extremely loud simulation of breathing and burping sounds sent Ramona running into my arms, though, and Anne felt some stomach flips at the sight of a large, drippy-nosed character. We aren't completely crude around here ... just enough to have fun. And, besides, if my kids couldn't laugh at this stuff, how would they relate to Daddy and creatures like him?

No comments: