Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Eternal Rest Grant Unto Them




We just got home from visiting some out-of-town friends, and I want to share what they're doing during this month of November, when we pray for dear, departed souls.

When they gather for bedtime prayers, Dad passes out snapshots of deceased family members. Each of them then remembers and prays for a particular soul. They are praying "Come, Holy Spirit" (which the eldest needs to memorize for her confirmation and is now doing so painlessly) and "Eternal Rest Grant Unto Them."

I think it's a beautiful practice, and want to begin doing it with our family, too.

1 comment:

Friar Suppliers said...

Karen, thanks for your kind words about my blog. And for your anniversary wishes. It's amazing how time flies. Your encouragement is particularly valuable because I have enjoyed your work in several publications. Now I can enjoy your blog as well!

I used to make some extra money business writing for exciting publications as Derivitaves Magazine and the blog is a way to sharpen my skills. That is if I have any. I would love to be able to write for publication again.

Maybe someday....

Again, thanks for your encouragment it made my day. Happy Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Mary Ellen